Sunday, March 6, 2011

We moved a house!

When we moved here 4 years ago, the builder gave us this little playhouse.  Actually, when he gave it to us, it looked more like an outhouse.  So we painted it.  It was so cute to look at from my kitchen window.  I had grandiose dreams of turning it into a child's wonderland...but I didn't.   
Instead, the kids played in it, on it, around it, through it-- everything but hang upside down from it.  They turned it into this: 

I didn't want to tear it down, because they still enjoy it, but we had to move it.  We have other plans for that spot.  Unfortunately, we didn't think to put forklift on our wedding registry...but, have no fear Mr. Incredible lives here! (And his trusty sidekick:) 
He jacked it up,  
  Put it on these pipes,
 Then puuuushed it across the yard.  
Well, he had to do a little digging to get it in just the right spot.  I was the leverage a couple of times, and that house is heavy!
After an entire morning of pushing, digging, rolling, and wedging, it was in place.  

Now, isn't that better?  

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the new "home" for the little house.

    Ashley--isn't it fun to now think, "I need to get all these shots so I can blog about it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben is still wearing overalls, I see! What a great morning project! Now get the Beautification Committee(Anne-Claire and BC) to repaint, plant some sunflowers and put out the welcome mat! :)

    ReplyDelete