Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If I can do this, anyone can!

I am transforming my bedroom into a relaxing French country style.  I needed something to go in the blank spot above my bed, but haven't had enough time to go shopping for anything.  During one of my internet searches, I discovered the burlap wreath.  Characteristics: Easy, Fast, Cheap, Beautiful...PERFECT!
Here's how you make one:
First, you'll need a wire hanger. 
Then you'll need 1-3 yards of burlap depending on how full you want it to be.  I used about 2 and 1/3 yds.  


Then you cut the burlap into 4" strips, or have your little helper do it with the kitchen shears he's enthusiastically located.    


Finally, fold the burlap accordion style and push it onto the hanger.  At the end, I bent the wire into hooks and hooked them to each other. With the leftover wire, I made a little loop to hang it on the wall.  
I also, got some satin ribbon and saftey pinned a little bow onto it.  
voilà--a nice shabby chic decoration for any room or door.   

2 comments:

  1. Cute...so how much did Dez do? And where oh where was Bethany Cate? Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete