Monday, March 14, 2011

Exercise is a must!

I used to measure my running in miles.  Now I measure it in feet--the eight little feet that I am running after.  About a year ago, I thought I'd do a triathlon.  Key word being thought.  I was fired up about it, but training is so over rated.  Then, I more realistically thought I'd do a 5K.  That involves some intensity as well.  I hate to admit it, but  it has been so stinkin' long since I ran that I just don't have enough stamina for that.  It's not even about losing weight--I still wear the same size I did when I got married--It's just that I've shifted, so I'd like to shift it back.  It's not even that I don't like to exercise, but finding time to fit it in between homeschooling, laundry, cooking, cleaning, drop-off, pick-up, dressing myself and 2 or more other people, brushing that many teeth, rallying the troops for clean-up duty and getting dinner on the table at a decent hour... let's just take a deep breath...
inhale all that oxygen = energy
..exhale
...Ahhhhh.
I feel better, you?
I've started a new plan.  Obviously thinking BIG didn't work.  So I'm thinking smaller.  Here it is:
1) I have to get up at 5 am.  Yep that was a 5.  So it has to be something I can get up and do without too much coordination involved.
2) It has to be fast--no 60 min. work outs, the kids will be up soon.
3) It has to be effective.  If I don't see or feel something soon, I'm gonna get bored and feel like I'm wasting my time.
What I'm thinking is: Home workout videos.  Not just any work out video, because the TaeBo I did in college is kickin'. my. tail.  No no.  My new favorite is...Denise Austin.  Yes, her BIG blues are kind of creepy (My three year old is freaked out by them, and she asked that I go back to Billy), but she is definitely catering to the busy mom.  Can I get a twist for the waist-line?
She's got the Daily Dozen--a 12 minute daily work out!  Very Efficient.
The 20 min. Boot Camp Video!  Very Effective
The 20 min shrink your fat zones pilates!  Perfect for swimsuit season!
Now zip up those abs and do great things for your hips, thighs and BUTT!  *ding* (that's what happens when DA smiles)
And lot's more. Each one for the cost of about 1 Zumba class.  That, my busy mom friends,  is AMAZING.
              
      

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy with "Dancing to the Oldies" with Richard Simmons...Guess I'm an oldy!!!!

    ReplyDelete