Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strong and Contagious

I read Joshua 1:9, my all time favorite verse, to my kids this week.  It says "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and Courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed (some versions say be terrified or discouraged), for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  I was reading it for myself because at this very last semester of  the school year, I get a little spring fever.  At this point, we need some encouragement to press on.  So, I read the whole chapter to them and asked them what God said over and over in that chapter.  They shouted, with enthusiasm "Be strong and contagious!"  If I had only known that it was a prophesy--Riggs was already not feeling well on Sunday night.  He then bestowed this illness on Dez.  Bethany woke up at three this morning with a stomach problem that required washing clothes and towels at that horrid hour.

Do not tremble or be dismayed!

We are surviving!

We are strong!

We are Contagious!        

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! I love this post! Joshua 1:9 is also one of my favorite verses and it's the first verse Timothy memorized. So precious. Don't you know it blesses the heart of God to hear little ones reciting His Word?

    So sorry you guys are sick. Yikes.

    Love,
    G

    ReplyDelete