Monday, May 2, 2011

April: When it rains it pours.

April has been a humdinger of a month.  I don't even know if "humdinger" is in the dictionary, but if it describes a busy, chaotic, never stopping, life, then its the perfect word.  First, there was AC's birthday.  We had a Strawberry Shortcake theme. And I made these yummy cupcakes with a recipe I have had my birthday cake made with since I was five.  I had to update its presentation some.
       It's a little blurry, and yes, it's in my fridge.  I haven't quite updated the homemade frosting where its a perfect spreadable/ stay put mixture for cupcakes.  I'm proud of my creation. That was AC's cupcake.
 The other cupcakes were little teacups because her favorite toy right now is her Strawberry Shortcake cafe.
FYI: candy canes melt at 70 degrees.  Who knew?!?
We partied anyway.

Then I went away for the weekend. I don't I have any pics of that.  It was a church women's retreat.  There was a hot tub on the porch of each condo, I had no children and the entire upstairs condo to myself.  Lot's of sharing and then some shopping.  There was a hail threat,  so I titled that weekend "Heaven and Hail".      
.  
Then we had Easter in Louisiana.  I have a brave mother-in-law.  She had a big Easter weekend for all 12 grandchildren and a birthday party for AC and our cousin Audrey who both turn 6 about the same time.  All I can say is WOW!  She's the best!
Then AC graduated kindergarten and I made cupcakes again.

Little graduation hats.
AC did not like her real graduation hat.  It was slightly annoying.  She got a character award for gentleness. She is a sweet girl.  
 
  Riggs got a metal for the most improved student.  I don't really like that title.  It should be hardest working or something a little more encouraging than "you started the year off horrible, but finally got your act together at the end".  He doesn't remember what it was for though, so he tells everyone it was for his project and for doing a really good job in school.  I let him.
This is him with his project. It's on a missionary to Myanmar. Myanmar used to be Burma and is located East of India.  Riggs would love to tell you all about it.  He loves presentations.  He great at them.  I am amazed.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest blogs I have seen. I have been there. You are a wonder a beautiful peason. I will be follow you and looking at all of your pages. tell the girls and boys Gee Gee said Hello and look at mt blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humdinger must mean most fun. It really looks like fun. Your children are so blessed to have you and Ben for parents and for course those grandparents.

    ReplyDelete